Duchess mill is a team of former textile factories and ancillary facilities, constructed in the city of Lodz since 1824 years. It was created on the site of a former mill sludge and the first years passed from hand to hand. In 1870, a fire broke activities of the former manufacture and the entire estate was purchased by Karol Scheibler. Since the early 70s the nineteenth century. Scheibler factory complex begins to grow on an unprecedented scale, with the largest in Lodz cotton mill building (207 m long), settlement workers, residential houses (the so-called. Famułami), the factory shop (Konsum) fire department, hospital, school, team palace and a park with a pond. The company Scheibler, the largest among the textile companies in the Kingdom Polish, covered almost the entire area posiadeł water factory, pulling up from the street Piotrowska the border Widzew (the current street Constitution). The total area of these areas amounted to more than 500 hectares, which accounted for approx. 14% of the then territory of the city. Karol Scheibler its activities began a new era in the history of industrial Lodz, assured its leading place in Europe in the field of textile industry. Taking care of the development of the industry, we always remember about their fellow citizens. Both the Karol Scheibler, and after his death his widow, son and the rest of the family, łożyli the large sums needed for the construction of city buildings: schools, hospitals, churches and supported all kinds of charitable actions. Currently, this compact residential and industrial district, which is unusual "city within a city", is one of the most interesting industrial monuments in the world. As complex has been entered into the register of monuments, and for several years, efforts are made to put on the UNESCO World Heritage list.