This is one of the most important objects related to the history of the Lodz ghetto. Since 1940, Radegast - by the locals also called the siding in Marysin - imported food and fuel was needed ghetto. This way reach raw materials for the production of clothes, shoes, uniforms for the German army. Since January 1942 years from the Radegast station set off transports of Jews to extermination camps. First, in the north, to Chelmno on the Ner, then south - to Auschwitz. From spring to fall of 1942 were taken from this place to the death of over 70 thousand. Jews. Lodz Radegast Station is Umschlagplatz. Despite the passage of decades, until today survived wooden station building with a ramp. This modest building on the street Stalowa witnessed the last way many Jews from the Litzmannstadt ghetto, but for a long time after the war about this place is not remembered. The place from which in 1942-1944 drove away thousands of people to the extermination camp at Chelmno on the Ner, and in August 1944 to Auschwitz. The initiator of the transformation of this area into an assembly memorial, place of remembrance for the victims of the Lodz ghetto, were the authorities of Lodz. Opened in 2004 during the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the liquidation of the Lodz ghetto. To celebrate the 65th anniversary of the liquidation of the Lodz ghetto, in 2009, combined with the historic monument Radegast Jewish cemetery in memory of a special route, linking the two places in a consistent martyrdom complex.