Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist is located in the Old Town in Warsaw, Świętojańska Street 8. The first church in place of the present basilica was built around the fourteenth century and was built in the Gothic style. In the seventeenth century there was inserted beautiful Baroque altar. The building of the cathedral was rebuilt several times. Like most buildings in the Old Town, it was destroyed in 1944 by attacks by the Germans. The building, which can be seen today, was reconstructed after World War II modeled on the original plans for the church. The facade was reconstructed in the Gothic style Vistula, like the whole interior, which resembles all the classic Gothic cathedrals. The space of the cathedral was decorated with numerous stained-glass windows, paintings that depict the history of Polish. In addition, there are companies Eule authorities and the Chapel Literary relics of Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski. In the basement of the cathedral lies with many famous and distinguished Poles, such as King Stanislaw August Poniatowski. Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is a very important place in Polish history. His sermons preached there Piotr complaint, the two kings were crowned there and passed Polish Constitution of May 3.